Recently I had this idea that I could interview past clients and tell you about their experiences. It is so fun to hear about what people liked and (didn't like) about their time with me. Recently, one of my favorite people decided to have a session with me. Actually, she won a session and I gifted her a session last year when she had her baby. Caitlynn and I go way back. We used to work with each other at the vet hospital and I couldn't ask for a sweeter person to have a session with. Her two daughters are just the cutest things and I am in love with her whole family. I know for sure this won't be our last time together. Here are just some of the questions I asked her in my interview.
1. How did you hear about Floyd Family Photography?
Heather was a co-worker of mine at a veterinary hospital a few years back and when I heard she decided to follow her dream of being a photographer, I was beyond excited for her.
2. Were you ever skeptical about doing a Day in the Life session? If so, why? And what made you overcome it?
Not at all!! I am more of a natural family photo person. The idea of capturing daily life in the raw, is priceless.
3. What was your favorite part of the session?
Honestly, everything. But if I had to choose one, it would be how comfortable my kids were with Heather. They acted like she wasn't there and she really captured our life.
4. Were you pleased with the way your session turned out?
5. Which do you value more? Digital photos or wall prints? Why?
This is a tough one. Digital is such a great way of keeping all your photos in one place, easy to grab in case of an emergency. But wall prints are so amazing to look at daily and really embrace family moments.
6. If you could do it all over again, what would you change about your session? And why?
Nothing. I feel like it was a good amount of time to be here and get a lot of photos. Moments that you don't get a chance to capture yourself.
7. Would you ever do a Day in the Life Session again? And if so, when could you see yourself doing another one? What activities would you do on your new day?
Yes! I would say when the girls were 3 and 4. I would love to do some sort of baking, gardening, maybe even a mini hike.
8. Would you recommend Day in the Life sessions to your friends? How would you describe it to them if they didn't already know what it was?
Yes, and I already have. I would describe it as a different way to take family pictures. A more relaxed, unrehearsed, in the moment photo session. Heather is so mellow that having her for a few hours seemed like minutes.
I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with everything she says about me!! Ha! I love my job and I guess it shows. If you want a session like this then go ahead and START HERE or just jump ahead and CONTACT ME. I can't wait to hear what you want to do and what events we can share together.